The Medical College of Wisconsin is seeking candidates at the Assistant or Associate Professor level for our Section of Perioperative and Consultative Medicine in the Division of General Internal Medicine.
- Join a robust Hospitalist practice at Froedtert Hospital, a 689-bed, regional referral center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Perioperative specialists manage two preoperative clinics and collaborate with orthopedic, vascular, plastics and other surgeons on specialized inpatient teams.
- Additional opportunities are available on medical teams which focus on procedures, advance heart failure and an observation team in conjunction with the ED.
- Faculty have the opportunity to participate in a variety of scholarly projects.
- Structured mentoring in medical education, quality improvement and research is readily available through the section of Hospital Medicine.
- The Medical College offers ample faculty development opportunities through the Clinical and Translational Institute of southeast Wisconsin (CTSI), Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern institute and the MCW graduate school.
Position does not meet requirements needed for J1 Waiver candidates
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine and eligibility for Wisconsin licensing
- Preference for those who with experience in hospital medicine
- Strong communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation with a full benefits package, 2 weeks of CME and professional development allowance, occurrence-based malpractice insurance, 403b match, outstanding employer-funded health and retirement plan, generous relocation allowance, and loan repayment for new post-fellowship faculty.
- Physician engagement and wellness is a core focus area for Froedtert and MCW.
- Value highly placed on multiple avenues for academic pursuits including research, quality improvement, and education without a "publish-or-perish" culture.
Medical College of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world’s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students, and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, and over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs. Approximately 1,650 physicians, 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners care for approximately 521,000 patients of all ages annually.
The beautiful, safe, and modern campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) houses Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital and Health System, Curative Care, Blood Research Institute of Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. These member entities share a common mission of excellence in patient care, medical education, biomedical research, and community service.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Just 80 miles north of Chicago, Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area. Regionally located less than two hours from the Chicago metro area, you can enjoy all that Wisconsin has to offer while still traveling to the “big city” life.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW’s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Location/Region: Milwaukee, WI (53226)