The Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology is seeking a full-time clinical educator at the rank of assistant professor.
- The provider will be responsible for providing inpatient and outpatient care at Froedtert Hospital and Clinics, which was recently ranked 3rd amongst the nation’s top-performing academic medical centers by Vizient.
- The appointee is encouraged to initiate and/or maintain a program of funded investigation, either clinical or laboratory-based.
- The position will involve service work in the candidate's field of expertise, teaching of fellows, residents, medical students, and students in the allied sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Successful candidates should bring strong clinical abilities, well-refined interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and a commitment to MCW’s academic missions.
- Candidate should be qualified for an unrestricted medical license in the State of Wisconsin.
- Candidates must have completed and a U.S. based Fellowship and be board certified/board eligible.
About the Division
The Division of Nephrology consists of twenty-four faculty members that serve three hospitals, including Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital, and the Zablocki V.A. Medical Center. Together we provide state-of-the-art, collaborative, and patient-centered care to adult patients with kidney disease, hypertension, and fluid and electrolyte abnormalities. Special areas of emphasis in patient care and research include transplant nephrology, onco-nephrology, kidney stone analysis, and acute kidney injury.
The candidate will be based at Froedtert Hospital and Clinics, which is the leading adult medical facility at the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, a comprehensive 225-acre medical campus located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee.
Milwaukee is a culturally diverse city on the shores of Lake Michigan, 90 miles north of Chicago, which supports urban, suburban and semi-rural lifestyles with excellent school systems and a vibrant, cosmopolitan and ethnically diverse community. The largest city in Wisconsin, Milwaukee, was recently ranked one of the top 3 “Up and Coming Places to Live in the US” by US News. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a city that cherishes its roots; you'll see revitalized architecture throughout downtown, and a parade of summer festivals celebrate the diverse cultures that made the city what it is today. Milwaukee is also a city that's growing and changing. From major construction projects like a brand-new arena and streetcar, also known as The Hop, to the revival of streets and neighborhoods around the city, there's a new energy in the air.
We are dedicated to the principles of equity and diversity and particularly encourage those of diverse backgrounds to apply. MCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Location/Region: Milwaukee, WI (53226)