Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Medical Practice Other
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health (BH), western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate seeks a BH Program Director to join our extensive team in Behavioral Health Services.
- Safety and Quality-Partner with BMP and Nursing leadership, to evaluate and optimize /redesign workflow and provider staffing levels to ensure provider / dept metrics are met.
- Patient/Provider Experience –Partner with BMP and Nursing leadership to improve patient experience. Develop policies and procedures that standardize practices at all sites for a consistent and satisfactory patient experience.
- Value-Work with BMP and Nursing leadership to reconcile budget at all sites consistent with BH standards. Evaluate and manage current utilization of protected time, supplementals, contracted services and work with BMP leadership to optimize provider clinical time and ensure achievement of monthly budget and competitive recruitment. Ensure coordination with compensation and budget departments to align incentives. Work with audit and compliance to maximize documentation and billing.
- Academics and Education- Partner with Chair of Psychiatry to ensure that our UMass Medical School-Baystate educational programs, including psychiatric residency, child psychiatry fellowship, and medical student rotations are clinically stimulating with a rigorous curriculum and supportive environment.
- Strategic Planning-In alignment with health system leadership, partner with Chair on development and implementation of long term strategies focused on improving access to care for behavioral health patients, advancing the integration of behavioral health services within the health system, and improving clinical outcomes.
Size and Scope
Our network has been developed to provide service to patients in Franklin, Hampshire, Hampden, and western Worcester Counties. This system is supported by licensed clinicians year-round, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Services include:
- Comprehensive array of behavioral health programs at the following levels of care: inpatient, partial hospital, outpatient, consultation services, emergency services
- Specialized programs serving the following clinical populations: child/adolescent, adults, geriatrics, substance use disorders, trauma-related mental health conditions
- Integrated behavioral health services serving our large network of primary care practices and health centers
- Neuropsychological assessment
We are committed to the philosophy that the needs of the patient are best served by the thoughtful integration of specialized services delivered by a multidisciplinary team of professionals. A major strength of our program is our specialty team focus in both inpatient and outpatient programs to address specific patient needs in a manner that quickly brings the greatest expertise to individual patient care.
- Masters Degree required; Health Care related Masters preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of leadership experience in a related field in a complex organization with demonstrated skill in strategic planning, organizational leadership, and financial management including revenue cycle, operational change, project management and practice management is required.
- Demonstrated experience with information management systems, clinical and business process redesign and use of information technology required. Lean (QI) experience a plus.
As the successful candidate, you will possess strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with staff, organizational leaders and medical staff across Baystate Health.
- Possess the ability to work well with all levels of the organization from executive management to operations staff, and is recognized as both a leader and team player.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading a large group to successful outcomes. Possesses excellent presentation, written and verbal skills.
- Action oriented with demonstrated ability to breakdown complex issues into action steps, clearly articulate a plan and execute effectively.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and has a focus and a sense of urgency around achieving results and builds consensus without creating prolonged processes.
- Vies learning as a lifelong pursuit and enjoys being challenged by large/complex systems.
Bachelor of Science (Required), Master of Science
Languages: Certifications: Work Experience: Competencies:
Collaboration, Courage, Instilling Trust, Managing Conflict, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA