THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER
COLLEGE OF ALLIED HEALTH
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences
Physical Therapy Program
Faculty Position – Oklahoma City Campus
Title and Rank: Tenure-track or tenure eligible, Open Rank Professor
Position is a 12-month appointment.
- Physical Therapist with an earned post-professional doctoral degree and evidence of research training (PhD, EdD, DSc, DrPH)
- Candidate must be licensed in Oklahoma; if not licensed, must meet eligibility requirements for Oklahoma licensure and pursue process upon hiring.
- Research experience in areas of musculoskeletal or neuromuscular rehabilitation.
- Evidence of research funding.
Preferred Qualifications based on Incoming Rank:
- Published research that involves or could translate to methodologies using motion capture technology and related data analyses.
- Teaching and advising experience in an academic setting
- Three years of professional practice experience
- Evidence of contemporary knowledge of orthopedic and/or neurologic PT practice
- Evidence of research/scholarly contributions to the profession
- Record of involvement with professional associations
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills and the capacity for self-evaluation that supports professional development
- Experience in working with underrepresented populations
- Evidence of collaboration in research, teaching, and service
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Support the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences professional and post-professional programs through research, teaching, and service. The breadth and depth of activities will be based on incoming rank.
- Procure grants to support and sustain an ongoing research agenda
- Maintain a productive presentation and publication record.
- Participate in research collaborations across the campus to contribute to the multi-disciplinary research goals for the campus.
- Mentor students and/or faculty in research across the DPT, MOT, DSc and or PhD programs
- Teach and participate in the integrated professional level PT and OT curriculum, and the post-professional programs
- Advise and mentor students
- Support and promote a collaborative and positive learning environment for students
- Work closely with Program Directors to ensure courses aligned with curriculum design and measure student outcomes.
- Use innovative and evidence-based teaching strategies
- Participate in University, College, Department, and/or Program service
- Contribute to the development of innovative and/or interprofessional outreach programs
- Participate in respective professional associations
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Location/Region: Oklahoma City, OK (73126)