Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Rehabilitation
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the medical director, the manager will manage occupational and employee health services operations to assure health and safety of all employees and non-employees who work and/or study at the Baystate workplace. The Occupational Health Services team plays an integral role in Baystate’s Department of Health, Wellness and WorkLife Solutions and Disability and Leave Management to build and support a healthy, productive workforce.
Under the direction of the Medical Director, the manager will assure efficient, high-quality and cost-effective, patient-centered care related to occupational and employee health issues to help minimize impact due to illness and injury and time loss from work and enhance patient well-being and productivity.
Primary responsibilities of the manager include staffing, scheduling, training, performance evaluation, mandatory/regulatory reporting, budget management and continuous process improvement. This role will support the oversight for preventive and surveillance initiatives such as vaccinations, drug testing, TB testing, and respirator fit testing. In addition, the manager will work in under the direction of the Medical Director and in collaboration with stakeholders to address organizational health needs, develop/implement worksite health policy and contribute to strategic planning to meet changing business needs.
1) Manages employee and occupational health operations for the health system practices to assure efficient, quality and cost effective services for employees and non-employees performing work or study at Baystate Health.
Under the direction of the Medical Director, evaluates/refines scope of services and directs continuous process improvement to streamline processes, promote adoption of technology and meet changing business needs.
2) Supports the Medical Director and collaborates with stakeholders for evolution of Occupational Health Strategy to achieve Baystate Health’s Workplace of Choice goals. Collaborates with HR colleagues regarding issues related to workers’ compensation, long term disability, FMLA, health & wellness and worklife programs and services.
3) Collaborates with the Director of Safety on the the OSHA log and offers support to the safety director or his/her designee on the medical aspects of the cases on the log. Also collaborates with the Director of Safety on medical issues that may arise with safety investigations.
4) Manages data gathering and reporting to meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, Massachusetts Department of Health, Joint Commission, ADA, FMLA, MDOL, MSL and others as required.This includes the Sharps Injury Log for the MA DPH.
5) As directed, contributes to committees as needed (Safety, Infection Control, Disability Management, Culture of Health, etc.) to represent Employee and Occupational Health Services and achieve mutual business goals for a healthy, safe and productive work environment.
6) Supports oversight for administration and monitoring of preventive and surveillance measures including immunizations, TB tests, and Flu administration program for the health system. Supports oversight for managing blood/body substance exposures, infectious disease exposures, respiratory fit testing, drug testing as appropriate. Consults with Medical Director to assure quality care and effective case management.
7) Under the direction of the Medical Director, manages the budget for employee and occupational health services including budget planning, monthly monitoring and expense management to maintain favorable budget variance. Makes recommendations for capital improvements, program enhancements, cost containment and/or reductions as appropriate.
8) Provides direct patient care as appropriate and/or needed to maintain professional credentials, enhance clinical skills and support efficient clinic operations. Takes on additional assignments as needed.
9) Serves as an ambassador for Employee and Occupational Health and HR programs internally across the Baystate Health enterprise and externally in the community.
10) Provides support to the team members of community hospital employee health services.
11) Contributes to the supervision of the nurses and other support team memebrs in collaboration with the medical director at the BMC campus campus as well as the community hospitals.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum 5 years experience in nursing
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong skills for verbal and written communications
Bachelor of Nursing Degree: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Work Experience: Competencies:
Collaboration, Courage, Instilling Trust, Managing Conflict, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA