The College of Allied Health Sciences, Center for Educational Technology and Instructional Support (CETIS)
is recruiting for a part time (80% FTE, approximately 32 hours per week) Instructional Technologist I.
This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities in a position shared with instructional design and technology.
Under administrative supervision from a designed administrator, respond to and diagnose problems with users. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps. Typically is able to resolve less complex problems immediately, while more complex problems are assigned to senior level support. Additionally, this role supports the instructional design team with course development and technology services.
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. Provides support to our course lecture, event capture activities ,online course builds, and instructional technology.
Supports the following Help Desk functions
- Inventory Tracking
- Event support
- Equipment Check Out/Check In processing
- Computer resources delivery
- Respond to customer issues in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Provide Help Desk Support during assigned shift. This support includes but is not limited to:
- Answer inbound support calls
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance with the College computer systems or PC’s
- Use College ticketing systems to log any and all IT related work requests
- Provide logon support, to campus systems and email
- General PC repairs
- Classroom/event setups and takedowns
- Resolve assigned tickets in a timely manner
- Oversee incoming Help Tickets and assign to proper technician while on desk
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Build courses in Canvas LMS for online/hybrid courses
- Publish and upload academic materials in Canvas LMS
- Provide tech support for faculty regarding their courses
- Manage Faculty Backpack Kit distribution and support
- Provide Webex support for faculty
- Other duties as assigned
- Enjoy helping others through encouragement, kindness, patience, and respect
- Exhibit excellent communication skills through active listening
- Demonstrate empathy in collaboration with team members and faculty
- Critically and creatively think about and solve problems
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree – OR – equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must include demonstrated technology skills and ability such as Learning Management Systems (LMS) management, digital audio and video production, web programming, web layout, and cloud storage management.
- Experience with the following computer software: Windows XP to Windows 8.1, Apple Macintosh 10.XX, Microsoft Office 2007 – 365, Anti-Virus Software, Malware removal, Canvas LMS, Kaltura Video, Webex
- Experience with computer hardware in the following categories: Windows based personal computer systems, Apple based computer systems, Scanner and printer configurations, Mobile Device Experience, Apple IOS based devices, Android based devices
- Ability to manage multiple tasks against deadlines
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and enthusiastically.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:CB1 Nearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Medical, Medicare, Cloud, Instructional Designer, Healthcare, Research, Technology, Education
About this company
Founded in 1819 as Cincinnati College, it is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and has an annual enrollment of over 44,000 students, making it the second largest university in Ohio and one of the 50 largest universities in the United States.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH