Job ID 85996 Full / Part Time:Full time
Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, performs a variety of physical therapy activities to assist in the treatment of patients. Executes plans of care established by a physical therapist and communicates changes in patient status in a timely manner. Adheres to standards of practice and follows policy and procedures to ensure safe and effective patient treatments and functional outcomes. Provides treatment and follows up clients on an inpatient, outpatient basis. Provides age-appropriate care to patients as assigned. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups (infant/child, adolescence, adult and older, geriatrics) . Incumbent is expected to perform other similar duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree. Graduate of an accredited PTA program
- Experience: At least 1 year of experience
- Mid-Level PTA skills, physiological knowledge, health promotion and maintenance, creating a safe, effective environment, bedside manner, clinical skills, pain management
- License: Commonwealth of MA Allied Health Professions Physical Therapist Assistance Required
- CPR Certification Required
- Driver’s License Required
- Weekend and holiday rotation
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Territory: Ware, MA and surrounding towns
Education:Associates of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)Languages:Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Physical Therapy Assistant - VariousWork Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA