Job ID 86944 Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Thank you for applying to this position. Please note the following:
- Department: Daly OR
- Hours: Full time
- Shift: Various
- Location:759 Main Street, Springfield MA
- Please include a resume with your application
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware.
Baystate is seeking a Surgical Technologists. We have openings on various shifts, for experienced and new grad candidates!
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of the Unit Manager, RN Clinical Operations Coordinator and RN Service Leads the Surgical Technologist works directly under surgeon/physician guidance to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures.
- Must possess expertise in the theory and application of aseptic technique; demonstrate the ability to combine knowledge of human anatomy, the surgical process and procedures including instrumentation and advancing technologies.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgeons/physicians by constant attention and assessment of the surgical process and patient condition to promote a safe, expedient, quality surgical outcome.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in Surgical Technology or a program accredited by Committee on Allied Health Education Association or have completed a structured training program and hold a professional equivalent
- Experience preferred but will consider new graduates of a program
- Will require certification if no experience in a surgical facility prior to July 1, 2013.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA