Job ID 82544 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Regular/Temporary: RegularAbout Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate is seeking a Surgial Technologist.
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of the Unit Manager, RN Clinical Operations Coordinator and RN Service Leads the Surgical Technologist works directly under surgeon/physician guidance to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures.
- Must possess expertise in the theory and application of aseptic technique; demonstrate the ability to combine knowledge of human anatomy, the surgical process and procedures including instrumentation and advancing technologies.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgeons/physicians by constant attention and assessment of the surgical process and patient condition to promote a safe, expedient, quality surgical outcome.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in Surgical Technology or a program accredited by Committee on Allied Health Education Association or have completed a structured training program and hold a professional equivalent
- Surgical Technologist with a minimum of 2 years experience.1 year employment at BMC or 2 years of comparable experience and attainment of competency on completion of orientation.
- Will require certification if no experience in a surgical facility prior to July 1, 2013.
What You Need To Know:
- Location: Baystate Medical Center- Daly OR
- Shift: Day
- Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
- Availability for weekend and holiday rotations
- Employee referral bonus offered for Baystate Employees
- Sign On Bonus
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA