Job ID 85863 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
- Department: Daly, Main Operating Room
- Hours:40 weekly
- Schedule: 1st shift
- Rotating weekends and holidays
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center
What you will be doing:
- Under the direction of the Unit Manager, RN Clinical Operations Coordinator and/or RN Service Leads the Surgical Technologist works directly under surgeon/physician guidance to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures.
- The Surgical Technologist must possess expertise in the theory and application of aseptic technique; demonstrate the ability to combine knowledge of human anatomy, the surgical process and procedures including instrumentation and advancing technologies.
- The surgical technologist will be able to anticipate the needs of the surgeons and or physicians by constant attention and assessment of the surgical process and patient condition to promote a safe, expedient, quality surgical outcome. These skills will facilitate the surgeons and or physicians performance of minimally invasive, invasive surgical procedures and invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- The Surgical Technologist must be able to function proficiently in a variety of surgical specialty services.
- The Surgical Technologist provides patient care primarily through service to the physician/ surgeon.
- The Surgical Technologist is expected to have an understanding of the procedure being performed, anticipate the needs of the surgeon/physician and have the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure, while monitoring the sterile field.
- The Surgical Technologist is accountable for maintaining skills and knowledge to function in commensurate with their assignments and within policies and procedures of the department.
What you need to qualify:
Associate’s degree in Surgical Technology or program accredited by Committee on Allied Health Education Association or have completed a structured training program and hold a professional equivalent.
Surgical Technologist I - less than 24 months experience.
New hires will require certification if they had no experience in a surgical facility prior to July 1, 2013.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA