EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Section Editor, Nursing and Allied Health Products
The Section Editor will be responsible for supporting the Editor-in-Chief in overseeing the development of high-quality content within specific content domain(s), applying both clinical knowledge/experience and the principles of evidence-based practice. The candidate must have the ability to analyze and critically appraise medical, nursing and allied health research and literature, write clinical topics and edit work produced by clinical editorial team. An advanced practice degree in nursing (MSN, DNP) is preferred with license/certification current and in good standing and at least five years’ experience in direct patient care is required.
We are accepting candidates who can work in our Ipswich, MA or Glendale, CA offices, or fully remote.
- Serve as content authority within specific content domain(s), and facilitate topic enhancement and development, systematic literature surveillance, and regular review
- Recruit and develop high-performing network of nurse specialists (content writers) within specific content domain(s)
- Promote product sales, adoption and usage through ongoing clinical activities
- Support culture of team work, and contribute to staff/clinical writer development through effective editing, and feedback
- Maintain quality of content and participate in quality initiatives
- Ability and willingness to learn internal editorial systems and workflows and travel to Ipswich office periodically
- Oversee training of new team members and clinical content writers
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Clinical degree in Nursing (BSN) with license current and in good standing
- 2 years of experience as team leader or project leader
- 5 years of direct patient care, and willingness to maintain ongoing clinical activities
- Demonstrated understanding/use of principles of evidence based practice and use of health information technology to support clinical decision making
- Demonstrated ability to extract relevant clinical information from research and write concisely with minimal errors
- Knowledge of PubMed, CINAHL searching strategies
- 2 years experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Advanced degree in Nursing (MSN, DNP, PhD)
- Specialty certification current and in good standing
- Ability to write clinical content, exercise judgment to make decisions and produce content requiring minimal changes
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities within deadlines, delegate tasks and responsibilities, and report on work produced
- Experience assessing evidence, performing critical appraisal and statistical skills sufficient to analyze clinical relevance of all study types
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, such as initiative and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills such that feedback is effectively and constructively given
- Motivated self-learner with focus on team success
- Knowledge of advanced PubMed and CINAHL searching strategies
- Writing sample available on request
- Proficiency with specific Dynamic Health processes may serve in lieu of minimum required qualifications
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
© 2018 EBSCO Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.
// // // // // // // //
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA