Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed . Preparing patients for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physician with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; scheduling surgeries and appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that include cleaning exam/procedure rooms between patient visits to maintain infection control; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; sharing problems relating to patients immediately with physician..
- Fulfills clinical LPN responsibilities which may include checking vital signs ; physical examination preparations; clinical pharmacology; drug administration through various routes including prescription verifications with physician’s orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), Licensed Practical Nurse License .
Experience: Minimum one year of recent experience working in a surgical clinic as an LPN.
Other Requirements: Current documentation of a LPN License for the State of Virginia. Must possess a current CPR certification and current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field.
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to a surgical medical practice.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
- Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Spine & Brain Surgeons
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE IN A SURGICAL PRACTICE SHOULD APPLY
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)