Description of Duties and Responsibilities
Physician agrees that the following duties and responsibilities are reasonable, and agrees to abide by such during the Term of the Agreement:
Physician shall provide services during all normal hours of operation of the Section, respond promptly (including in person as necessary) to calls from the Hospital’s administrative staff and its medical staff, and participate in all on-call and call-back responsibilities as required by Physician’s position.
Physician shall at all times adhere to the standards of ethics and patient care promulgated by the medical staff of the Hospital, those published by Physician’s professional organization(s) and those set forth in applicable state and federal laws.
Physician shall accept all patients seeking services at the Section as requested by Employer and Hospital in accordance with Hospital’s policies.
Physician shall exercise independent judgment in the delivery of medical services.
Physician shall actively support and promote the Section, Employer and Hospital in all venues so as to further the enhancement and preservation of each of their respective reputations.
Physician is expected to participate and see patients as part of Employer’s Telehealth program.
Physician will complete all patient medical records in accordance with applicable by-laws, policies, and procedures of Employer and/or Hospital. Physician agrees to document patient visits in accordance with Federal, State, and payor regulations. Patient visit documentation will be completed by Physician in a timely manner.
Physician will maintain timely and open communication regarding patients with referring physicians.
Practice Site medical records shall not be removed from the Section.
Physician will follow the MCHS Way and consistently treat Section employees, colleagues, patients and their families and other who accompany patients to Practice Site visits in a professional, respectful manner.
Physician is expected to see all patients presenting to the Section, without regard to race, sex, religion, financial status, sexual orientation, or insurance class.
Physician may conduct and participate in research studies on behalf of Employer.
Physician will not fire and/or dismiss patients from the Section without prior conversation with the Employer or Employer’s Section manager. Procedures will be established on how to resolve conflicts among providers and patients and the Physician may not transfer care to another provider without insuring continuity of care for the patient.
Physician will participate in Employer’s Risk Management program. Physician will report all professional, general and employment claims immediately to Risk Management, and cooperate with Risk Management in the defense of such claims.
Physician will participate in and cooperate with the peer review, Quality Improvement and Quality Management programs and procedures of Employer and assist in the development and achievement of clinical quality indicators and outcomes.
Physician shall comply with all rules, regulations, and policies established by Employer, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration, all Federal, State, and local agencies, and other accreditation organizations (e.g. The Joint Commission, ACR and CAP). Physician will comply with all Medicare, Medicaid, and other third Party payor reimbursement rules and OIG compliance standards. Physician shall comply with and participate in any Ethics Training Programs and Compliance Training Programs established by Employer and Hospital.
Physician shall assist Employer in the investigation, documentation, and resolution of any issue arising out of Employer’s dealings with peer review and all regulatory agencies having jurisdiction relating to the Practice Site.
Physician will exercise his/her best efforts to assist Employer to build the Section patient base through networking, coverage, community education, and other reasonable marketing activities as requested by Employer and in accordance with Employer’s policies and procedures.
Physician shall cooperate fully with Employer and facility credentialing the Section, including providing, in a timely manner, the information necessary to process credentialing materials relating to Physician for health insurers, state and federal agencies, and other health organizations.
Physician shall review and acknowledge by signature Physician’s annual performance targets and shall use his or her best efforts to meet or exceed those targets.
Physician shall strive to maintain a minimum performance of 85% or higher adherence to evidence-based guidelines for process as established by the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) that apply to the Physician’s Section for ambulatory and inpatient practice and 90% or higher to those Hospital Quality Alliance metrics for hospitalized patients that apply to the Physician’s Section.
Physician shall provide teaching services to the Hospitals residents and fellows in accordance with the requirements of the Hospitals medical education program and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (“ACGME”).
Physician shall exercise active support of the Section, the MCHS Way and Employer’s strategic and business plans.
PSA SECTION CHIEF
ADMINISTRATIVE JOB DUTIES
Under the direction of the President of Pediatric Specialists of America or his/her designee, Physician shall provide the following in a timely and competent manner:
BUILDING BLOCKS of MCHS/PSA Dials:
1. The performance of all of the administrative duties of Program in compliance with the performance standards and administrative responsibilities described in the Corporate Bylaws of the PSA, the Medical Staff Bylaws of the Hospital, the Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff, PSA’s LEAN Initiatives, Hospital’s Digitization Initiatives, NCHS Way, PSA’s Ethics and Compliance Program, Patient Safety Program, Quality Improvement Program, Risk Management Program, and other policies, practices and procedures of the Hospital, all as may from time to time be amended by NCHS, PSA or is subsidiaries:
2. Physician shall serve as PSA Section Chief of the Section of Radiology. Physician shall be responsible for the medical supervision, development, implementation, and continued operation of the Section.
3. Section Chief shall be responsible for managing, securing, participating and scheduling Specialty’s call coverage for patients of the Practice Sites, which shall be sufficient to serve the Practice Sites’ patients in a high quality, professional manner. Call coverage shall be based on a 24 hour per day/7 day per week on call coverage schedule, inclusive of after-hours, holiday and weekend call coverage.
4. Monitor Clinical Excellence Index for Program, be accountable for the highest level of adherence to quality and safety and other standards of PSA and NCHS, and remain aware and informed regarding current and developing techniques and procedures in Specialty treatment and management.
5. Adhere to standard Computerized Physician Order Entry (“CPOE”) processes and will input a minimum of 95% of Physician’s orders for inpatients through the CPOE system provided by the NCHS.
6. Actively participate in planning implementation and adoption of CPOE/PEDS as assigned by the Section Chief and President of PSA. Directly participate in the evaluation of new technology and procedures that can support treatment of Specialty.
7. At PSA and NCHS’s request, and in collaboration with PSA and NCHS executive staff, submit quality-related and outcome-related reports as requested.
8. Conduct peer review processes leading to improvement of clinical practices, outcomes and patient satisfaction.
9. Make best efforts to ensure all physicians in the Section/division of Program complete any medical staff survey requested by NCHS.
10. Actively participate with the President, PSA Director of Quality, Medical Director of Specialty, Chief Nursing Officer and the Nursing and Operations Directors in overseeing the planning, implementing, and improving the delivery of Specialty care and service which includes but is not limited to:
• Participating in Employer and NCHS initiatives to improve quality and efficiency in LEAN, digitization, and other strategic initiatives
• Providing leadership in the development, implementation and adherence to policies, procedures and protocols for Specialty patient care.
• Developing and providing professional education for ongoing Specialty education programs for new and existing staff (excluding teaching of residents and fellows), including best practice updates related to assessment, protocols, treatment plans, and prevention of complications involving Specialty.
• Supporting the data collection, quality assurance and quality improvement activities related to tracking treatment and outcomes of care of Specialty. This includes working with Utilization Review, Quality, and the Directors overseeing related and supporting services. Emphasis will be placed on optimizing turnaround times, efficiency, and quality of care.
• Provide scheduling, education and other administrative duties as assigned.
11. Actively participate in the annual business plan, budget, marketing and promotion for the Program related to the appropriate Clinical Service Line.
12. Directly participate in identifying resources, both personnel and equipment, to support the operations of the Program.
13. Engage in fiscal performance activities of Specialty to ensure adherence to budget allocations and operational performance.
14. At NCHS’ request, and in collaboration with NCHS and PSA executive staff, submit finance-related reports as requested.
15. Be accountable for maintaining patient and staff satisfaction at or above target for physician-related metrics and supports NCH Way and commitment to service.
16. At Employer’s request and upon the Physician’s agreement, to accompany the CEO, President, or VP or his/her designee to events in which NCHS, Physician, customers and others discuss issues relating to Physician’s duties under this Agreement or other NCHS business.
17. Such other administrative duties related to the position as may be identified by NCHS or the Physician from time to time and as are mutually agreed to by the parties.
18. All other duties as assigned.
Location/Region: Miami, FL