Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we're building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come.
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri / 9a – 7p
** $5000 potential sign on bonus
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Graduate from school of surgical technology, LPN program, RN program, or completion of a military training program that includes surgical technology skills.
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- BLS certification
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty (Preferred)
- Basic skills and related to aseptic/ sterile technique and knowledge of surgical instrumentation (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional surgical technician certification not required.
- CST or CORT certification. Completion of an RN training program will be accepted in place of certification.
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of the organization. Maintains good relationships with physicians, management, other departments and staff. Investigates and responds to complaints in a timely manner.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Surgical Technician – Certified opportunity with Winter Park and apply online today.
Surgical Technician, Surgical services, Winter Park
Location/Region: Winter Park, FL